Friday, September 25, 2009

Update

While I haven't gone on any trips or adventures since my Ha Ling climb a few weeks ago, these past couple weeks have still brought some excitement with them. Firstly, as of a couple weeks ago I am now good and healthy again, and back to training full time, which I am very happy about. I had a 4 hour rollerski the other day and it was lots of fun. I skied most of it with my teammates Joey, Terrell, Bob and Lucas, and we explored some of the trails in Canmore that I have never seen before, so that was quite fun. And we located a playground which I intend on revisiting before the snow arrives, as it looked like a very enjoyable playground :).

And the big news of these past couple weeks would be that my roommate Bob and I have finally found a new place to live in town! So we will be moving into a 2 bedroom second floor apartment on Oct. 2nd, and we are thrilled. No more biking up mountains with groceries!! It also means that I will be no more than a 10 minute walk from my work, and probably about a 15 minute walk from the grocery store. Big thanks to Gord and Rhonda Jewett for offering this place to us, as it was beginning to look like we might be spending the winter in CODA!

In other news, I will be headed to Lake Louise this Sunday to begin my next training camp with the team. While this camp is a shorter one, only lasting 5 days, assuming my training plan doesn't change, I will be completing almost 22 hours of training in those 5 days, so I am very excited about it. And the cool thing about this camp is that we will not be driving to or from Lake Louise. Instead, we will be training. So on Sunday, we will get up in the morning here in Canmore, jump on our road bikes and ride to Lake Louise (we plan on it taking 3 hours). And then we'll have a little break, and then do a 2 hour rollerski in the afternoon once we are there. So 5 hours in day 1, always a great start to a training camp!

After this camp, I will arrive back in Canmore sometime Thursday afternoon, and then all day Friday will be spent moving into our new place, as well as packing what I need for my trip home. And the next day, the team is doing a running race in Calgary, so while I know I will be completely exhausted, I am still very excited about that. Then Saturday night it looks like both Bob and I will stay in Calgary, and then I'll be flying home on that Sunday night. It's going to be a very busy week! And I can't wait!

That's all for now! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment