Tuesday, September 8, 2009

27 Days!

I couldn't think of a title for this one, as it is just an update of the past week. The 27 days is in reference to the number of days before I come home for my Thanksgiving visit, which I am very excited about.

So anyway, this past week has definately had it's ups and downs. It started off last Monday when I woke up and realized that I was sick. It's just a cold, but it has still prohibited me from training all week, which was very upsetting. However, looking on the bright side, it allowed me to take some time to relax a little bit early in the week, and it also allowed me to work 40 hours in 6 days. While this might not have been a big help to my sickness, it means a nice pay cheque :) . And it also took my mind off the fact that I was sick, so that was a little extra bonus. And I seem to be getting better, slowly but surely, as now my only real symptoms are congestion and my senses of taste and smell are coming and going. And my energy levels seem to be getting back to normal, so I plan on doing my first bit of training tonight, that being an easy strength workout. So we'll see how that goes.

While being sick was the definate down side to last week, Jeremy, a good friend from back home, spent all last week driving across the country to go to his new school. And with Canmore being right on the way, he was able to stop in for a little visit on Sunday to recharge before starting the last long drive to his new school. Jeremy showed up at my house around 9:30am on Sunday morning, and unfortunately I had to work 10am-5pm, but he managed to keep himself occupied for the day by going for what was, by the sounds of things, quite the hike. So Sunday night we kind of just roamed around town looking for something to do, and after spending a bit of time at the HOE (Canmore Hotel) playing pool and waiting for the band to start, we decided to just come back to my place and go to bed, as we were all pretty tired. Jeremy left the next morning around 9am to finish off his long journey to BC.

I don't know if it was just the fact that he brought me some of my own stuff from back home (just kidding), but despite the fact that we didn't do anything overly exciting, it was really good to see him again (more so than I thought it would be that is). I got to hear all about the adventures that he had had over the past week with all of his travels, and I don't know, I guess just the fact that we both new what the other was going through/had gone through with leaving home for the first time and going to a new place... I have no idea, kinda just making stuff up now, but I had a great time hanging out with him again and look forward to his return in a couple weeks. All the best in BC Jeremy!!!

So, that's about all that really happened last week. Got sick, worked a lot, saw Jeremy, getting better now... yep I think that's it. Bob (my roommate) and I are planning to hike up to the top of the mountain in front of my house on Friday, so if that actually works out I should hopefully get some good shots of the whole area and I'll post them when we get back down. That's all for now, thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment