Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's almost Training Time again!!!!!

Hello all!

It's almost May 1st! But I'm sure you all know that.

Last night just after midnight I rolled into Canmore to begin the next chapter of my skiing career. I have spent the last 4 weeks back in Penetang, ON for an amazing visit with my family and friends. It was a great month of relaxing, recovering from another great season, spending quality time with loved ones, and of course, eating my mother's incredible cooking!

While training was at a minimum for those 4 weeks, my mind was still very much in skiing mode, as I was anxiously awaiting some very exciting phone calls. I am proud to say that I have once again been selected as an athlete on the Alberta World Cup Academy team for another year, and I am even prouder to say that I have also been selected for the 2010/2011 Canadian Junior National Ski Team!!! Needless to say, I am incredibly happy with these developments, and cannot wait to get back to my training!

Now that the 2009/2010 season is officially over, I have had some time to look back on it and realize a few very important things. It was a great season. The coaches and athletes who I have met out here have made my first year in Canmore such a great experience, and are a huge part of my accomplishments this past season. And before this great experience could even get off the ground, it was my sponsors who made this dream of mine become a reality. Salomon has been a tremendous sponsor for the past 3 years, always giving me the fastest skis possible. And to my sponsors from back home, Twin Lakes Motor Club, I.B.E.W. Barrie, Tiny Trails Lion's Club, Midland Lion's Club and Midland Civitan, this whole experience started with you. So from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

Now on to the 2010/2011 season! I want to thank Septic Consulting and Design as well as Georgian Bay Transport for coming on board this year and supporting me in what I know will be another great season! With my first training camp in less than 2 weeks, I cannot wait to get back on the roads and get some solid training hours under my belt.

That's all for now!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment